LEADER cooperation project “Implementation of sustainable tourism development principles in national park/protected area regions”
This study trip is one of the activities of this cooperation project, whose objective is to disseminate good practices implemented in initiatives and projects of entrepreneurship and sustainable tourism, and to allow the exchange of experiences between entrepreneurs, technicians and other local agents of the various territories involved.
During this period, a seminar/workshop on “Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Tourism” will also be organized by the host LAG ATAHCA, with the aim of disseminating technical information and general and specific interest to the various local actors involved in initiatives and projects that promote sustainable tourism in these protected áreas.
• Arrival of participations to OPORTO airport
• Airport transfer to the accommodation
• Reception of participants and dinner – S.Bento da Porta Aberta Hotel
09.30 Departure from S.Bento da Porta Aberta Hotel
• Study trip to sustainable tourism projects in the territory of the Peneda Gerês National Park
• Sharing of good practices | Exchange of experiences |Benchmarking;
• PROJECTS: SABORES DO BOSQUE (Local products); GERÊS EQUIDESAFIOS (Nature tourism); PARQUE DE CAMPISMO DA CERDEIRA (Nature camping)
14.30 Continuation of the study trip to sustainable tourism projects.
• PROJECTS: TOBOGÃ (Peneda Gerês Adventure Center); LIMA ESCAPE (Rural tourism, Glamour camping);
09.30 Seminar: “Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Tourism” in Auditorium of the Gerês thermal animation center – Gerês Village
09.45 Technical session.
• LEADER cooperation project “Implementation of entrepreneurship and sustainable tourism in protected and rural áreas” by Katrin Suursoo (Project Lead Partner)
• The Brand Natural.pt by João Carlos Farinha (ICNF- Institute of Nature Conservation and Forest)
• CETS – Magical Mountains by João Carlos Pinho (LAG ADRIMAG)
10.30 Coffe break
10.45 Technical session (cont.).
• REVITAGRI Project by Ana Paula Vale (IPVC – Polytechnic Institute of Viana do Castelo)
• Debate of ideas and exchange of experiences
15.00 – 19.00 Study trip to the main places of natural importance of the Peneda Gerês National Park
17.30 – Visit the project ERMIDA GERÊS CAMPING (Nature camping)
10.00 – 13.00 Work meeting on the cooperation project – ATAHCA headquarters:
• Best practices of sustainable tourism in Lahemaa National Park (LAG Development Center area, Estonia) by Sirje Kuusik / Local enterprise Valkla Rand OÜ, Liis Jürimäe
• Best practices of sustainable tourism in Soomaa National Park (LAG Green Riverland, Estonia) by Aivar Ruukel / Local enterprise Tori Cider and Wine Farm, Veranika Haas
• Best practises of sustainable tourism in Matsalu National Park (LAG Kodukant Läänemaa, Estonia) by Nele Sõber / Local enterprise Estonian Nature Tours, Marika Mann
• Best practises of sustainable tourism in Gauja National Park (LAG Cesis District Rural Partnership, Latvia) by Anda Andrušaite / Local enterprise WATERMILL TRAIL, Ieva Meiere
• Best practises of sustainable tourism in Slītere National Park (LAG Business Association of North Kurzeme, Latvia) by Andra Ratkeviča / Local enterprise Daba Laba, Reinis Pižiks
• Best practises of sustainable tourism in Triglav National Park (LAG Soča Valley, Slovenia) by Marko Pretner
• Best practises of sustainable tourism in area between Snežnik and Nanos (LAG Between Snežnik and Nanos, Slovenia) by Maja Piškur
• Discussion and brainstorming
15.00 – 19.00
• Tourist view to the territory of the Cávado
• Closing dinner
• Departure to OPORTO airport (Slovenian group).
• Estonian group visiting Porto (till 14:30).
• Latvian group stays at Porto.